The Regulation on wholesale energy market integrity and transparency (REMIT) defines a framework for identifying and penalising insider trading and market manipulation in wholesale energy markets across Europe. REMIT entered into force in 2011.
Since 2015, all participants trading wholesale gas or electricity contracts for delivery in Europe on Organised Market Places have the obligation to report information about their trading activity to ACER.
REMIT: Regulation (EU) No 1227/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on wholesale energy market integrity and transparency.
REMIT Implementing Regulation: Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1348/2014 on data reporting
- Guidance Note 1/2019 – Layering and Spoofing
- Guidance Note 1/2018 – Transmission Capacity Hoarding
- Guidance Note 1/2017 – Wash Trades
Other documents include:
- Q&As on REMIT
- FAQs on REMIT transaction reporting
- FAQs on REMIT Fundamental Data and Inside Information