Policy adviser: Power and Gas markets
The successful candidate will work on a full-time basis in the Europex Secretariat in Brussels and will be part of a small dynamic team. She/he will directly report to the Secretary General and mainly support the Power & Gas Markets Working Groups of the Association.
responsibilities and tasks
- Providing organisational and technical support to the Power Markets and Gas Markets Working Groups in close coordination with the Working Group Heads;
- Monitoring and reporting on relevant regulatory developments;
- Drafting of position papers / consultation responses, technical presentations, etc.;
- Coordinating advocacy on relevant energy and climate files;
- Planning and execution of policy events;
- Supporting other Secretariat events, including Board and GA meetings;
- Building and maintaining relationships with EU institutional stakeholders and with the energy sector;
- Attendance of technical workshops and other relevant events.
profile of the candidate
- Completed higher education in a relevant field (energy, economics, European studies etc.);
- Previous work experience of 3-5 years in the energy sector, preferably in energy trading / energy markets;
- Sound understanding of electricity and gas markets and the wider energy sector;
- Advanced knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions;
- Strong drafting skills and an excellent command of English; other languages are a plus;
- Clear interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with a variety of external stakeholders;
- Ability to adjust technical content to different target groups;
- Independent work style and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural professional environment;
- Advanced end user IT skills.
- One-year contract convertible to a permanent contract and the opportunity to work in an international association in a highly dynamic policy environment;
- A varied role with the opportunity to take on more responsibility as you progress;
- A chance to work at the cutting edge of energy & climate regulatory issues;
- The financial compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications and skills of the successful candidate.