Europex is a not-for-profit association of European energy exchanges with 28 members. It represents the interests of exchange-based wholesale electricity, gas and environmental markets, focuses on developments of the European regulatory framework for wholesale energy trading and provides a discussion platform at European level.
Responsibilities and tasks
- The successful applicant will work on a 50%-75% part-time basis at the Europex premises in Brussels and will be part of a small dynamic team.
- She/he will execute standard secretarial and administrative tasks with a high level of independence and provide organisational support to the Secretariat, the Working Groups, the Board and the General Assembly of the Association.
- She/he will report directly to the Secretary General and will facilitate communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional experience of at least three years in a comparable role. An affinity with European affairs or the energy sector would be a plus;
- Completed higher education in a relevant field;
- Advanced knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions and the Brussels policy environment;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and French or Dutch. Other languages are a plus;
- Good IT skills, including website and social media management, knowledge of Word Press is a plus;
- Strong organisational and time management skills and a proactive problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to handle financial matters responsibly;
- Very good attention to details and ability to keep track of multiple priorities;
- Flexibility for occasional travel.
- A part-time one-year position under Belgian law with the option to convert to a permanent contract thereafter.
- A competitive remuneration package – the financial compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications and skills of the successful candidate;
- An international and multicultural work environment in an exciting and dynamic policy field;
- Possibility of professional trainings;
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and a comprehensive cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday, 15 November 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline.