Brussels, 18 April 2014 | In our response to the ACER consultation on the Gas Target Model, Europex emphasises the following key messages:
- Criteria of the Gas Target Modell 1 (GTM 1) are not suited to evaluate the functioning of gas wholesale markets. They are criteria for the solution of a problem that is not clearly defined.
- The wholesale market has specific characteristics, such as the difference between spot/ balancing markets and forward markets as well as regional differences.
- There are integrated forward markets.
- Spot/ balancing markets are in the end physical markets, bound to locations.
- To integrate spot/ balancing markets, physical capacity needs to be available.
Please find the whole consultation response attached.