Policy adviser: Financial Markets
The successful candidate will work on a full-time basis in the Europex Secretariat in Brussels. She/he will directly report to the Secretary General and mainly support the Financial Markets Working Groups.
responsibilities and tasks
- Providing support to the Financial Markets Working Groups of the Association;
- Monitoring and reporting on EU policy developments on relevant financial services (MiFID/MiFIR, MAR, EMIR, BMR, REMIT, etc.);
- Coordinating and assisting advocacy efforts towards the European institutions, ESMA, ACER, relevant ministries and national regulatory authorities, etc.;
- Drafting of position papers, consultation responses, presentations, speaking points;
- Planning and execution of external policy events;
- Supporting internal events, including Board and General Assembly meetings;
- Building and maintaining relationships with EU institutional actors and the other relevant associations and stakeholders; and
- Attendance of technical workshops and other events, including business travel.
profile of the candidate
- Completed higher education in a relevant field (finance, economics, energy, European studies, political science, law, etc.);
- Previous work experience in EU affairs with knowledge of financial services regulation and/or (energy) commodity wholesale markets;
- Advanced knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions;
- Strong drafting skills and an excellent command of English. Other languages are a plus;
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with a variety of external stakeholders;
- Ability to adjust technical content to different target groups;
- Independent work style and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural professional environment;
- Advanced end user IT skills.
- Full-time contract and the opportunity to work in an international association in a highly dynamic policy environment;
- A varied role with the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time;
- The financial compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications and skills of the successful candidate.
How to apply
We only accept online applications. Please send a cover letter and your CV by Friday, 1 September July 2023 to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.