Brussels, 21 July 2016 | Europex believes that the requirements laid out in the PRIIPs Regulation and its accompanying RTS are incompatible with wholesale energy markets.
In the present paper, which is an update on an earlier position paper, we explain why and focus on the following arguments:
1) KIDs add no value to professional wholesale energy trading
2) Wholesale energy trading is limited to professional wholesale traders
3) SRIs are inadequate for potential recipients of KIDs for ECTDs
4) Wholesale energy markets are monitored and regulated markets for professionals
5) MiFID II definition of professional clients as a main reason why an exemption is necessary
Please read our full position below.